Saturday, August 26, 2006

Clifton Beach



I recently returned from a visit to Pakistan. I was mostly in Karachi, but spent a few days in Lahore where I met up with Toorie. The trip was fantastic (barring a mishap that, thankfully, all have recovered from). One of the things I really love doing in Karachi is going to the beach. I think Karachi has some of the best undiscovered beaches in the world.



Of course where I REALLY wanted to go was Hawkesbay, but that trip is a much bigger production, so I had to settle for a quick trip to Clifton. There's something about the sea that I just love, and connect to. I'm sure growing up in Karachi has a lot to do with it, but I also have come to really appreciate the sea after having lived in Texas for so many years. Even though the beach at Clifton is horrible, it was really nice to see the crowds enjoying themselves, and the water is always beautiful.

No comments: