Monday, November 05, 2007

Benazir manages to plumb new depths

In a piece for CNN, Benazir is claiming that the Oct. 18 attack was perpetrated through "a small child":
Although it remains difficult to know for certain, I doubt that a suicide bomber was involved in the attack on me. I suspect, after talking to some of the injured, that the terrorists used a small child as a ploy to get to me. They were trying to hoist the child -- dressed in the colors of my party's flag -- onto my truck.

Failing to do so, they dropped the child near my vehicle. Some witnesses said the child had been rigged as a human bomb. I can't be sure. What followed was a massive explosion, killing scores immediately, tearing many bodies in half and sending blood, gore and flames up into the vehicle.

Rest of her vomit-inducing piece here.

Many reports are emerging that Benazir knew about the impending martial law. They're also claiming that Benazir agreed to the appointment of Dogar as the new Chief Justice of Pakistan since he was a PPP appointee back in 1995. And her refusal to use the wherewithal of her party to challenge martial law suggests that she may be somewhat complicit in all this.

No comments: