Sunday, November 18, 2007

How Musharraf thinks

Musharraf has tried to go on the public relations offensive in the last few days, giving interviews to a number of international media outlets to try and salvage whatever is left of his image in the West (he shouldn't have bothered).

In interviews given to various news organizations, Musharraf delivered some real gems. Here is a sampling:
  • "I am disappointed and let down by the media." [Poor guy - why won't the media just let him be? Why does it insist on asking him tough questions and making fun of him?]
  • "Mentally and in my heart I am not a dictator. I have never run the army in a dictatorial manner wherever I've commanded." [That's right, militaries are always extremely democratic organizations and have absolutely no hierarchy in them whatsoever.]
  • "Have I done anything constitutionally illegal? Yes, I did it on 3 November. But did I do it before? Not once." [Oh, except for that coup back in 1999. I guess that wasn't exactly constitutional.]

No comments: